Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it all started when my car broke down and hour away for the water pump gasket blowing, I got it towed home then replaced the water pump and then bled the system. After that it started having a bad overheating issue I then replaced the thermostat, radiator, a/c condenser, both upper and lower radiator hoses and I also replaced the coolant cap and after doing all of this I had the car vacuum bled and it still overheated except this time it was only when the a/c was on and other than that it was fine. I then replaced the a/c compressor and had the Freon purged and filled. It solved the overheating issue for about 2 weeks then me and my wife decided to drive an hour away and it overheated on us when we arrived to or destination but if I drove above 60 miles per hour it ran perfectly fine and the temp was fine but as soon as I go below 60 it starts to have an increase in temperature. So today I baught a new radiator fan and fan relay hoping that was the fix and that didn’t do it so I thought maybe a faulty water pump and thermostat so I replaced both again now after bleeding the system it overheats after idling for 15 minute I also got an engine code pb007 I just feel defeated I really need a hand. Side note I’m not having any symptoms of a blown headgasket, no milky oil, no white smoke and also no loss of performance

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,605 Posts
Please share more info about your car:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is your coolant the correct one and clean? Is it filled enough? Did you hopefully not add water to it? Are there any liquid leaks?
Does the overheating happen in certain situations (high rpm, a/c on, acceliration etc)?
Model? Miles on the car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts