Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2013 LT with 2.5 engine 122k. Tried to crank yesterday morning but would not. Turned like it was going to but would never start..sounded like it would if battery was dead but battery is only abt 3 years old. On the display the message Svc Power Steering came on have never seen that displayed before and never had a problem with it. All the gauges started "clicking" before falling back into place. The gas gauge when to the proper setting and all the interior lights were burning as normal. Tried again a few minutes later with same effect, except this time the "theft deterrent " message came on and the hazard lights started blinking. Went back this morning, same routine (hazard lights did not come on, nor "theft deterrent)". Svc Power steering did return to display but this time so did "battery save active", battery reading was 9.8 volts. I also noticed there is no tire pressure displayed for any tire.

Is this some of the electrical gremlins that I have heard about with Malibus, or possibly the alternator.....Any help would be great. Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.