Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ V6, 1996 Impala SS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to share my experience with Nitto's NT555 tires.

My Malibu is an LTZ 2LT package with 18" wheels, fitment is 235/50R18.

The pros:
  • The tires are on the softer side but not too much, the ride is smooth enough for a comfort ride but you'd still feel the deeper crevices on the road with slight vibration.
  • The tire grip is great! I felt much better and safer driving the vehicle compared to when I had Hankooks installed.
  • Rain performance is good, I felt safe driving during downpours and even through small leftover puddles.
The cons:
- Really noisy! I always thought I had bad wheel bearings due to how loud the whining sound they make is. My father and a few of my friends commented on how noisy they are so it's not just me.

I commute 400 Kilometers every full week and overall, the tires performed really well for 18 months. I would recommend NT555's if you don't mind the noise.

Nitto now makes NT555 G2's but I never tried them, I ran Dunlop tires instead, good performance but much quieter than the NT555's.

I hope this thread helps when you're looking for new tires.
Thanks for reading

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,922 Posts
Thanks for posting your tire review. All that road noise would be a deal breaker for me! The Malibu is meant to ride quiet and comfortable to eat up miles.

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ V6, 1996 Impala SS
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting your tire review. All that road noise would be a deal breaker for me! The Malibu is meant to ride quiet and comfortable to eat up miles.
Thanks for stopping by. Yes, the road noise would drive one crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts