Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install a sub in my 2013 malibu, but I can't seem to find the radio wiring diagram for the head unit, so I don't know which wires go to the speakers for my high level input on my amp. Is there a diagram that shows what the pinouts are on the radio harness rather than giving simply the wire colors?

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
You need a subscription to alldatadiy.com for the full shop manual for diagrams. There are no good ''freebies'' out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm trying to install a sub in my 2013 malibu, but I can't seem to find the radio wiring diagram for the head unit, so I don't know which wires go to the speakers for my high level input on my amp. Is there a diagram that shows what the pinouts are on the radio harness rather than giving simply the wire colors?
The absolute easiest way to tap into the rear speaker wires is through the pillars in the middle of the car. After removing the 3 plastic trim pieces, you'll find a bundle of wires protected by some plastic tubing. Cut out a section of the BLACK PLASTIC TUBING, enough to give yourself room for wire taps. Do not cut any of the wires unless you kjnow what you're doing 100% or if you know that you can put them back together no problem. The speaker wires are the ones twisted together, with the positive being a solid color and the negative having a colored stripe.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
The absolute easiest way to tap into the rear speaker wires is through the pillars in the middle of the car. After removing the 3 plastic trim pieces, you'll find a bundle of wires protected by some plastic tubing. Cut out a section of it, enough to give yourself room for wire taps. The speaker wires are the ones twisted together, with the positive being a solid color and the negative having a colored stripe.
That is some very dangerous information to share with others. Someone could imagine that you're suggesting cutting the whole bundle of wires.

Also, what colors did you find in your car? Got any pics from when you did it? That would help a lot, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is some very dangerous information to share with others. Someone could imagine that you're suggesting cutting the whole bundle of wires.

Also, what colors did you find in your car? Got any pics from when you did it? That would help a lot, too.
The colors in my 2013 Malibu 2.5 Liter were green+ and green/black- for the left side rear speakers, and white+ and Blue/black for the rear right side speakers. I didn't specify the wire colors because from what I've seen, there are a vast number of variations between malibus in 2013. Of course I don't mean to cut all the wires, only the black plastic tubing. I will take pictures and post them below. I see how I was confusing at first, I wrote that in a rush and tried to be as clear as I could.

·
Administrator
20,682 Posts
Yeah, I didn't think you meant that, either. But until I read it a second time, I was like "Whaaaaaaaa?" Then I calmed down and laughed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m new to this page and I have a similar problem. My 2015 Malibu didn’t have rear speakers at all so I’m trying to install some.But I can’t find the rear speakers wires.I located the factory amp but don’t know which color wires r the speakers wire???
The colors in my 2013 Malibu 2.5 Liter were green+ and green/black- for the left side rear speakers, and white+ and Blue/black for the rear right side speakers. I didn't specify the wire colors because from what I've seen, there are a vast number of variations between malibus in 2013. Of course I don't mean to cut all the wires, only the black plastic tubing. I will take pictures and post them below. I see how I was confusing at first, I wrote that in a rush and tried to be as clear as I could.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m new to this page and I have a similar problem. My 2015 Malibu didn’t have rear speakers at all so I’m trying to install some.But I can’t find the rear speakers wires.I located the factory amp but don’t know which color wires r the speakers wire???
Do you mean the ones under the rear windshield, or the ones in the rear doors?

·
Administrator
20,682 Posts
Do you mean the ones under the rear windshield, or the ones in the rear doors?
What color r the speakers wire coming from the factory amp..???
You're new, and the member you quoted asked which speakers you're trying to find the wire colors for. I think that answering that question might help him to help you more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The rear windshield the factory amp in the car trunk.
From what I've seen you would have to get another amp to power those speakers you're trying to install, I don't know for sure since you have a different year than I do but the rear door speaker wires are usually green variations on the left and blue variations on the right. Again, I dont know for sure what you would need to do for this installation, but if you were to use the signal from the rear door speakers the easiest way to tell for sure the wire colors is to open the trim section between the doors. Only open the bottom piece, and then there will be a black plastic tube. Remove some of the tube, and your speaker wires for that door are the ones that are twisted together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From what I've seen you would have to get another amp to power those speakers you're trying to install, I don't know for sure since you have a different year than I do but the rear door speaker wires are usually green variations on the left and blue variations on the right. Again, I dont know for sure what you would need to do for this installation, but if you were to use the signal from the rear door speakers the easiest way to tell for sure the wire colors is to open the trim section between the doors. Only open the bottom piece, and then there will be a black plastic tube. Remove some of the tube, and your speaker wires for that door are the ones that are twisted together.
Good idea,,Thanks dude appreciate u!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.