Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
I am going to have to disagree...coming from someone who upgrade his car from a 96 Prizm to a 2013 Malibu. I think that the Malibu and Impala complement each other well.
It's that a coincidence, hahaha!

I think that the Malibu and Cruze will get an MCE soon that will align their grilles to look more like the Impala/Traverse.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
The "Australian Impala" is not an Impala, it's a Caprice. And it's just a rebadged G8. They already had a V8 G8 and they didn't sell well at all. The Impala is not supposed to cost that much, it's supposed to be the cheapest full size GM offers.

I do find it funny how the smallest wheel option for the 2014 is 18". When people realize how much the tires will cost for the car they will fall over dead lol. Don't get me wrong, I love bigger wheels, but people already complain where I work about tire prices. Wait till they have to pay $300 per tire lol.

I think the new impala looks amazing compared to the old body style. I owned a 07 and hated it, which Is why I traded it for my Malibu.m

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
The "Australian Impala" is not an Impala, it's a Caprice. And it's just a rebadged G8. They already had a V8 G8 and they didn't sell well at all. The Impala is not supposed to cost that much, it's supposed to be the cheapest full size GM offers.
This is the 6.0 liter V8 Caprice...

The Impala and Caprice can both be seen here.
http://www.gmfleet.com/police/

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's that a coincidence, hahaha!

I think that the Malibu and Cruze will get an MCE soon that will align their grilles to look more like the Impala/Traverse.
I know - what a coincidence! I just had to chime in. It does seem like there was been quite a bit of critique of the Malibu in this forum - that it wasn't the car that some were hoping for. But for me, I am very impressed! It makes it sweeter since I was able to snag the 2013 Malibu at 50% off through the Auto Nation ebay promotion a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/29/2721497/autonations-online-flash-sale.html

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I know - what a coincidence! I just had to chime in. It does seem like there was been quite a bit of critique of the Malibu in this forum - that it wasn't the car that some were hoping for. But for me, I am very impressed! It makes it sweeter since I was able to snag the 2013 Malibu at 50% off through the Auto Nation ebay promotion a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/29/2721497/autonations-online-flash-sale.html
:eek: I never would have believed it if I saw it!! Good for you on snagging such a great deal!!

Now... pictures would be awesome!! I believe you're on the second '13 'Bu owner on the site!! If you post interior pics quickly you'll be the first to do that!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
WTF... I WANT A HALF PRICE CAR TOO!!! Nice buy dood...!

·
Registered
21 Posts
WTF!!!!
Really beautiful rear part!!!
It looks like a f*ckin Jaguar!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
There is a corvette on there for 50% off lol. It says they will change it to buy it now tonight anyone want a corvette for $25,000?

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
If I could get a ZR1 for half price, I'd get it tomorrow hahaha!

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Reminds me of a Sonata.

I like it!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nm I didn't pay attention to the date lol

·
Registered
250 Posts
Man, that autonation direct ebay link is very nice and dangerous...........:) I wonder how often they put new cars for sale on there because everything looks like it sells a mighty quick..........lol I might be tempted to go that route to get my next ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like a Camaro and Crosstour meet a Charger. On other pix around the net, the interior has stitching like the Chrysler 300 but seriously overkilled. Looks like a nice car though. Might be a good deal buying a new one in around 2019 after they figure out how to make this more inexpensive with all the bugs worked out.

·
Super Moderator
4,569 Posts
I've seen a couple errant threads trending. It's kinda shocking to me that specific thread has 2 million views.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts