Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would drop a pic in here. Detailed it a few days ago with a non touch wash, then touch wash / clay bar / 2 coats of Collinite 845. It's got bugs on it now but I swear it's clean underneath :) after this and the trifecta tune I'm really starting to love this car.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
Looking at the side, you can see how it looks like a mirror. How long did it take you to do the paint correction?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks clean and ready for a road adventure. Are you planning to replace those wheels?
Thanks, man! Yeah, I'm "Planning" on it but... money is my limiting factor. College is basically sucking the money out of my bank account as fast as I can deposit it haha! But I definitely like the look of the split 5 spoke wheels... IDK if you've ever seen the stock split 5 spokes on the cobalt SS's but those are so hot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the side, you can see how it looks like a mirror. How long did it take you to do the paint correction?
Took about ~4 hours total, 45 mins for the no touch/touch wash, 2 hours for the paint correction and an hour for the wax.

Granted you could probably do it faster than that, but this was my first time doing it and I wanted to make sure I got every square inch of the paint. I just wish that Meguiars sold their clay bars without the garbage "Detailer spray" that's included... greasy and oily and yuck. I just used the chemical guys soap in a spray bottle for lube.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts