Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

2014 malibu lt 2.5 dies while driving and after startup

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  malenj 
#1 ·
Just picked this ul for the wife . I am having codes p2227,po106,po107. Car dies everytime i first started up. About one to two minutes after initial start. It is cutting out periodically and not consistently. I did do an STP intake valve clean canister on it yesterday seem to help a little. I have checked the intake manifold bolts they are tight, the air filter is new. Map sensor is new .( Replaced buy previous owner as well as throttle body ,intake gasket , o2 sensors,rocker arm sensors both . Kinda at a lose here One minute it runs flawlessly the next and u can barely get down the road.

#2 ·
Error codes p2227, p0106, p0107.

New map sensor new throttle body, you intake manifold gasket, up for any advice and at a loss here.
Dies every time after initial start up within 1 to 2 minutes drive perfect 1 minute, hardly all all the next.
Stalls out you'll always restart but sometimes it dies right away and putting in gear it just seems to be all over the place between running perfectly and hardly running at all.

#4 ·
P2227 is the BARO sensor. It's part of the MAF sensor in the air intake not the MAP sensor. Genuine GM parts only, Rock Auto should have it.
GM can call it the multi function intake sensor as it does BARO, intake temp and air flow. Says that in my manual.

#5 ·
Thanks for the response and former owner replaced all of the parts so far i do beleive he used ac delco but is there any obvious ways to tell does ac make a point to mark there parts with there trademark ? And the maf is it the one in intake i had read somewhere there was 2of them

#7 ·
GM parts are marked GM. Usually with a prismatic label. New parts can be defective, less likely with Genuine GM which is how factory original parts are marketed now.
Inspect the connectors also for bent contacts or corrosion.
MAF is in the air filter intake hose. Rock Auto only shows one sensor.

#11 ·
Modern cars are computers on tires. Without a full scan of its systems, it all just a wild guess. Full scan is step ONE . Codes in the system help narrow things down on where to look or not to look for a problem.
Other than that it's just throwing the parts dart and hoping for a bullseye.

Reactions: JEULIANNA