Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio randomly stopped working driving down the road. I have checked the fuses, replaced the radio, and taken it to a dealership(couldn’t figure out what was wrong). Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do next? I am also having problems with the truck opening, could it be a related electrical issue? Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
My radio randomly stopped working driving down the road. I have checked the fuses, replaced the radio, and taken it to a dealership(couldn’t figure out what was wrong). Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do next? I am also having problems with the truck opening, could it be a related electrical issue? Thanks for the help.
Trunk not opening might be related to the radio issue, but only if it's on the same fuse or branch circuit.

You should have 3 fuse boxes in the car. If you haven't checked all of them yet, that'd be a good next step.

If the two issues are not related to a fuse, then the trunk release motor could have failed or the connection from it to the actual latch could have come loose. Do you hear any noise at all when you try to open the trunk?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked all the fuses in two fuse boxes. One under the hood and one next to the steering wheel. I don’t know where the 3rd is.
Once in a while the truck will make a clicking noise when I try to open. You can hear the relay clicking inside the vehicle though.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,682 Posts
A truck is a pickup or some other vehicle that hauls heavy loads. You'll be more successful if you use the correct term, which is trunk.

When you're pressing the button to open the trunk and all it does is click, you'll have to find a way into the trunk through the back seats in order to open it with the anti-kidnapping handle. It could just need some lube, or it could be suffering from a broken or disconnected part.

The 3rd fuse block is in the trunk, on the left side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.