Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Chevy Malibu and I don't know how to post on here but I hear the sloshing sound which ever direction I'm turning and if I brake or accelerate...they flushed it, checked the heater box for leaked water and NOTHING!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevy Malibu and I don't know how to post on here but I hear the sloshing sound which ever direction I'm turning and if I brake or accelerate...they flushed it, checked the heater box for leaked water and NOTHING!!! PLEASE HELP!!!
Turn on your heat to maximum, temperature wise. Turn the fan two say setting 2 or 3, let it blow onto the window and your feet. Start driving, give it 3-5 minutes and see if it goes away.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I'll add is your coolant reservoir full ? If not then it's air in the heater.
When you use the a/c do you see water on the ground when you park it ?

Reactions: PeteBu

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll add is your coolant reservoir full ? If not then it's air in the heater.
When you use the a/c do you see water on the ground when you park it ?
100%........Please make sure that your coolant expansion tank (under the hood behind the battery) is Full.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same exact vehicle and had this same issue when I first purchased it used. It is certainly something with the cooling system/coolant. One thing is for sure, you have air where you shouldn't have air. I just went to the dealership and had them do a complete flush and fill. They use a pressurized system to fill the coolant system which prevents any air from getting in. This fixed my issue. I'm sure there are methods to get the air out, but if someone did a flush on that system and they did it incorrectly, you could have a very difficult time trying to snake the air out yourself. I'm not sure if you did the flush at the dealer or at a random shop, but be wary of the incompetence of many mechanics these days. They should be using a pressure system on your particular vehicle. They may have just drained it and then poured more coolant in by hand, leaving air all in the system, heater core, etc. Many components are located higher than the rest of the cooling system, so the air gets trapped. Also, don't listen to anyone who tells you that the sound is normal, it certainly is not and they are proving their incompetence at completing the job before they even do it. Ensure that after the flush and fill or even right now, that the reservoir is filled at the proper fill line (with Dex-Cool certified coolant) on the outside of the reservoir. Drive it some more, check it again. Next morning when the engine is cold, check it and fill if necessary. If the mechanic didn't run your car for a while after doing the flush, it may have drained that reservoir, sucking air into the system and then the problem happens again.

Manufacturers detailed information is in the attached PDF files.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
if it is air in the system it is a common issue and the cooling system needs to be "burped"...it is not difficult to do unless the Malibu has some special cooling system...good luck

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I'll add is if there are no leaks in the system then the cap on the coolant tank is bad. Cap controls the ''burping'' out of air and allows air into tank so coolant is drawn in to replace the burped out air.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
131 Posts
Check under your doors. With a thin piece of straw or wire, poke in the weep holes under the door to see whether it is clogged. Rainwater commonly gets trapped inside of the doors when the weep holes are blocked.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
159 Posts
if it is air in the system it is a common issue and the cooling system needs to be "burped"...it is not difficult to do unless the Malibu has some special cooling system...good luck

Bill
I hear this sound recently in mine too. Coolant level is perfect. I did flush it last year. Whats the best way to burp? Run the car from cold with the reservoir cap off?

I will also check my door weep holes. Water does pour out of the bottom of the driver door when I open it after a rain.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
different year but this may help

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts