Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Malibu 2.0T LTZ 2LZ
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot or information that is already available. I couldn't find the answer when I searched.
I have a 2015 Malibu 2.0T LTZ 2LZ with everything stock. I bought the car in January with 100K. I am now trying to get caught up on all of the maintenance required to prevent problems. It seems to have been maintained well, but you never know.

I am trying to change my spark plugs in the next few days and unfortunately, all of the stores locally are not showing any AC Delco 41-125 plugs available, so I'm looking for alternatives.
Are there any recommended replacements that I can use that won't cause issues? I am comfortable gapping plugs, so that's not a problem.
Also, does anyone recommend replacing the coils at the same time?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I would use the recommended OEM plugs 41-125 available at RockAuto.com (be sure to search here for the 5% discount)...coils rarely go bad and I would think at worst, the boots and springs (the wire part) might need replacing...they are far cheaper than having to replace the entire COPs...

good luck with your Malibu

Bill

·
Registered
2015 Malibu 2.0T LTZ 2LZ
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would use the recommended OEM plugs 41-125 available at RockAuto.com (be sure to search here for the 5% discount)...coils rarely go bad and I would think at worst, the boots and springs (the wire part) might need replacing...they are far cheaper than having to replace the entire COPs...

good luck with your Malibu

Bill
Great! Thanks. I ordered plugs and boots and springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,678 Posts
Cool pix!

You may want to scope the backs of the intake valves to see if/when they'll need servicing/cleaning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello all. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot or information that is already available. I couldn't find the answer when I searched.
I have a 2015 Malibu 2.0T LTZ 2LZ with everything stock. I bought the car in January with 100K. I am now trying to get caught up on all of the maintenance required to prevent problems. It seems to have been maintained well, but you never know.

I am trying to change my spark plugs in the next few days and unfortunately, all of the stores locally are not showing any AC Delco 41-125 plugs available, so I'm looking for alternatives.
Are there any recommended replacements that I can use that won't cause issues? I am comfortable gapping plugs, so that's not a problem.
Also, does anyone recommend replacing the coils at the same time?

Thanks.
I recommend Denso 5339. I have a 14 3LT with the 2.0 Turbo. Replaced the AC with Denso at 64,000. Still runs better and smoother with more power. Got mine at Advance Auto and their commercial manager highly recommended the Denso. Well worth it!

No need to change coils unless they are sending codes.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,678 Posts
Yeah. I was hoping to get some better angles, but unfortunately my scope doesn’t have any way to angle the camera once it’s down in there.

Your tubing might be a pill to get loose. I was thinking about my V6 when I did the plugs several years ago, but yours would probably take too much effort.

However, if you can snake it down the intake through the TB, you just might get a look-see.

·
Registered
2015 Malibu 2.0T LTZ 2LZ
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wonder what is better about the Denso 5339 over the recommended AC Delco 41-125 or Denso 5338???...how did Advance or you determine that was the plug to use in your 2.0T???

Bill
I looked on GMpartsdirect.com to find the GM part number and then through further research figured out that was AC Delco 41-125. I’m sure other plugs work fine, but I wanted exactly what GM calls for.

·
Registered
2015 Malibu 2.0T LTZ 2LZ
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your tubing might be a pill to get loose. I was thinking about my V6 when I did the plugs several years ago, but yours would probably take too much effort.

However, if you can snake it down the intake through the TB, you just might get a look-see.
I actually figured out how to get the tubing off the throttle body. It has a different sort of attachment, but once I figured it out, it wasn’t hard.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.