Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Malibu LT and lately when I start the car it doesn’t sound right, it sounds rather harsh. It does not sound like this every time though. The problem goes further than that though and I believe it all to be related. The auto stop/start feature has not been working lately, only at random times. However, when it does kick in in a red light or stop, when I take my foot off the break to go again, it sputters to restart and will 9 times out of 10, stall out. I have to turn off the car completely and let the car sit for a while. The car takes a few minutes before it will restart and I sit in the middle of the road trying to get the car to turn back over. Otherwise, after the car starts, everything works and runs fine. There is no way to take off the auto start/stop system which is what is causing me major problems. I have replaced the main battery, the auxiliary battery in the back, spark plugs, the car solenoids, and all relays are working fine. Has anyone else had this issue and gotten it fixed. PLEASE someone who has, respond, this is my daily car. 3 mechanics and 2 electricians and NOW at the GM dealership and still no one can find the issue. 😭

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,680 Posts
Move the shifter to L to keep stop/start from working until you get this figured out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Malibu LT and lately when I start the car it doesn’t sound right, it sounds rather harsh. It does not sound like this every time though. The problem goes further than that though and I believe it all to be related. The auto stop/start feature has not been working lately, only at random times. However, when it does kick in in a red light or stop, when I take my foot off the break to go again, it sputters to restart and will 9 times out of 10, stall out. I have to turn off the car completely and let the car sit for a while. The car takes a few minutes before it will restart and I sit in the middle of the road trying to get the car to turn back over. Otherwise, after the car starts, everything works and runs fine. There is no way to take off the auto start/stop system which is what is causing me major problems. I have replaced the main battery, the auxiliary battery in the back, spark plugs, the car solenoids, and all relays are working fine. Has anyone else had this issue and gotten it fixed. PLEASE someone who has, respond, this is my daily car. 3 mechanics and 2 electricians and NOW at the GM dealership and still no one can find the issue. 😭
My 2014 is doing the same thing. There is no engine light on so the dealer can't detect the problem. While I'm at a stop sign or a red light the car idel then turns off. I'm trying to get it in the dealership for the third time now. This time I will tell them what to check.
If anyone has been going through this problem and had it fixed please help us out .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2014 is doing the same thing. There is no engine light on so the dealer can't detect the problem. While I'm at a stop sign or a red light the car idel then turns off. I'm trying to get it in the dealership for the third time now. This time I will tell them what to check.
If anyone has been going through this problem and had it fixed please help us out .
I got tired of wasting my money and not being able to have someone find or even fix the issue. It is impossible for not a single mechanic/ tech to be able to find a solution. I turned the car in and just got myself a new one. It was too much already.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.