Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm at a loss here so I have had my malibu for a year and a half now and I have had nothing but problems so my car has the service stabilitrak on and check engine light is on and my car has shut off on me while driving and locked the steering wheel and hesitates while driving I just cant win. Now i have replaced the map sensor 3 times also the camshaft position sensor also I changed the battery cables and I even changed the battery now I am at a huge loss here I'm about to look into the Mass air flow sensor but after that I have no clue and I need help I cant afford to take it to a mechanic any clue or ideas I'm willing to try anything.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Engine size is step one here. Step 2 is what codes are you getting ?
Modern cars have to have the onboard codes read to try to figure out what is wrong with the ''computer on tires''.
Unless you can scan and read your codes it's just a big guess and a bigger waste of money on buying ''guess'' parts.
And set codes are not a definite on what's wrong either, they just point to the area of the code and sometimes deeper investigation is required.
Free parts store scans only reveal the minimum codes not all of them.
Full range (all 4 code families) code reader, shop manual and very good personal mechanic skills are required now days to do it yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the "Service StabiliTrak" issue, try this video:

I had the same issue with my Chevy HHR and when I purchased a used 2014 Malibu. The seller of the Malibu was waiting for the wheel bearing hub to replace it before selling it. It's most likely the reluctor (sp?) ring on the wheel bearing hub.

The fix would run you ~$500 - $1K at the mechanics/dealer. DYI would be a couple hundred for the hub and several hours time.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.