Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Malibu LTZ 2.5L that is throwing the code of P055B. I have replaced both the intake and Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator's. I'm still popping the code, it is saying it is a permanent code. I also tested the voltage. I cannot figure out the issue. I am at a total loss. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
2000 chevy malibu 4 speed automatic 3.1 CAI performance exhaust magnaflow
1 Posts
well you could take it to your local mechanic and se what they can do, may be pricy but worth it. if you've done the intake camshafts then i don't know what else it could be,
hop you figure it out
~eugene :)

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,672 Posts
I have a 2015 Malibu LTZ 2.5L that is throwing the code of P055B. I have replaced both the intake and Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator's. I'm still popping the code, it is saying it is a permanent code. I also tested the voltage. I cannot figure out the issue. I am at a total loss. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
well you could take it to your local mechanic and se what they can do, may be pricy but worth it. if you've done the intake camshafts then i don't know what else it could be,
hop you figure it out
~eugene :)
OR

You could read the following thread and be a bit more informed. It's not the actuators, it's the sensor!

2014 Malibu check engine light code P055b | Chevrolet Malibu Forums (chevymalibuforum.com)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.