Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,675 Posts
Probably want to include some background information with that post. When I read the fuse instantly blowing over and over I already knew electrical mods are in play... they almost always are.

Heres what i did on my 2015 malibu wich had no rear deck speakers ... I tapped into the left door speakers made a speaker wire to rca connection i used the battery in the trunk to run my ground an power to amp i didnt wana hack into the harness for the remote wire so i ran a wire from the battery on amp to the remote on amp.... If u run yours like that i would remove the remote wire from ur amp so it doesnt constantly stay on.. I tapped into the right rear door speakers as well but found out that the left side beated harder so i got a one rca into 2 rca adapter an i got a 1000 watt alpine mono amp an 2 15 inch subs

I ran my system without a l.o.c

Reactions: imidazol97

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car wouldnt start found out both batteries were dead i charged them both now car starts but the radio dont work no door chime an no turn signal noise i had a system in it but i took it out i didnt chop into anywires other than rear door speakers... I made sure there wasnt wires touching metal idk whats going on

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Chime sound comes out of driver door speaker.
Once you hack a radio in you can screw up a lot of other things in today's computer cars as the radio is part of the cars computer network. Should only be done by a pro with electrical and electronic knowledge and even then there can be issues.

Reactions: imidazol97

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My factory radio stopped working i bought a replacement gm wants $117 to fix it but i dont know the vin number from the car i got the radio from... I tried unplugging the battery to see if that would work it didnt also pulled the fuse for the radio an still says locked watched a youtube video a guy rebuilt his factory radio by putting a new bluetooth control board in it i put my bluetooth board in the new radio still locked my main motherboard in my factory radio is fried so his method didnt work for me how can i unlock the radio myself?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so my orginal radio stopped working an i replaced it an the new one was locked theres 2 ways to unlock the new radio option 1 go to the dealer an get raped an pay $117 or option 2 take the new radio apart an pull off the anti theft radio lock prong an while you are at it you can put your orginal xm module in it so u can keep xm radio service an not have to call be careful taking radio apart cuz u could easily break something anyways figured id post this cuz nobody seemed to know how to unlock it yourself... If you need help taking the radio apart heres a guide this guy had a cruise but its the same radio as the malibu the cruises just have ugly screens this guy was taking radio apart to program it with some kind of tool after reading that an finding out where that prong was i decided to pull it off love the factory radio an didnt want to upgrade to an aftermarket one cuz the tesla screen ones are about $500 anyways now my radio works except now it says disk read error but its 2020 who uses cds anyways hope this helps someone ...https://www.cruzetalk.com/threads/how-to-disassemble-radio-to-program-vin.224625/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts