Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Limited 63k Miles (Fleet I believe)

Water is getting in the trunk and left rear driver side. I have read that the brake light that sits on the top of the windshield the bolts get loose overtime and water gets in there but gets to the headliner. This one the brake light is in the the middle of the trunk rear tailgate. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue before?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,637 Posts
Can you provide any pics that'll let our members understand better to help you better?

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Water through brake light is the newer generations issue as brake light is at top of rear window. I myself would get into trunk with a helper spraying water on trunk lid and look for where it's coming in.

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Malibu LT 2.5L
3 Posts
It is the third brake light on the trunk. I had the exact same issue and after taking the brake light out, I could see water marks running down the metal. Tried to find a casket to replace the old but was told I would have to purchase the entire brake light. Went to AutoZone and bought some gasket maker and put on a good bit will around the brake light. Haven't had any trouble since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts