Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has had any luck replacing this tube. What’s the best way to get your hands on it to disconnect it from the Intercooler? I’ve replaced the bottom splash shield but still can’t get to it. Do I need to take the whole bumper cover off? Can’t seem to find this in my Haynes manual or YouTube.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,255 Posts
I havent heard of anyone replacing the charge air outlet tube yet. It isn't really a mechanical piece that breaks from wear and tear... What happened? Bend and break doing something else? Crash? To replace by the book you do need to remove the bumper. I am not sure if it could be done by removing the battery and tray... I doubt it but would probably check. While down there I would probably install a new boost sensor if you have some decent miles!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I replaced the vacuum pump, and while tucking the charge air tube out of the way I broke the bracket off the tube and left a hug hole in it. 🤦‍♂️

I’ve removed the battery tray but that still didn’t give me any access to it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,255 Posts
I have replaced the vacuum pump as preventative maintenance and can definitely see that happening. Bad luck there. I worried about it popping at the intercooler end but got through unscathed. If you need any info on bumper removal I can probably guide some. It's not very much fun but not hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts