Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi dear friends, I would like to contact you who can help I can not connect my phone via USB Cable Android Auto, How can I connect, advise me how I can’t connect already differently

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
USB only. Are you saying when connecting by USB it won't start Android Auto? What phone and Android version?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[QUOTE = "campb292, должность: 895913, участник: 86705»]
Только USB. Вы говорите, что при подключении через USB не запускается Android Auto? Какой телефон и версия Android?
[/ QUOTE]
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro, Android Version 10

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
Android 10 has Android Auto built in so no download needed. Make sure AA is enabled in vehicle settings. Do you have the 8" MyLink or 7" MyLink? The 7" came with Android Auto from the factory and the 8" being older needs a firmware and software update - if the option to enable is missing you may need that update.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
Do you have the 8" or 7" MyLink? You only might need the update if you have the 8" and can't see an option to enable or disable Android Auto.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
OK then. If you don't see the option in settings to enable/disable Android Auto, your car likely needs the update. That update is provided by a GM dealer.

Here is a bulletin with dates of manufacture and VIN verification sequence: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10113980-9999.pdf

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
Yes, customer pay. It was a free program for a year or two then became a customer pay service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, customer pay. It was a free program for a year or two then became a customer pay service.
Hello, Good afternoon. Today I went to the GM service. The firmware was updated there, but there were no reactions. The Android Auto program does not work, In this case, what should I do to make the program work?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
Hello, Good afternoon. Today I went to the GM service. The firmware was updated there, but there were no reactions. The Android Auto program does not work, In this case, what should I do to make the program work?
There isn't much more I can advise. If the firmware has now been updated and Android Auto is enabled in the vehicle settings, it should begin the setup automatically when connected by USB. A couple things you can try:

1) Go to bluetooth devices on the MyLink system and delete/remove your phone.
2) restart your phone
3) reconnect to the USB port
b) if nothing happens, disconnect and now try re-pairing your phone to the car bluetooth
c) then reconnect by USB and see if that helps
4) try different USB cables
5) make sure the phone time and MyLink time are correct and in sync

Did you ask at the dealer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There isn't much more I can advise. If the firmware has now been updated and Android Auto is enabled in the vehicle settings, it should begin the setup automatically when connected by USB. A couple things you can try:

1) Go to bluetooth devices on the MyLink system and delete/remove your phone.
2) restart your phone
3) reconnect to the USB port
b) if nothing happens, disconnect and now try re-pairing your phone to the car bluetooth
c) then reconnect by USB and see if that helps
4) try different USB cables
5) make sure the phone time and MyLink time are correct and in sync

Did you ask at the dealer?
The master made the firmware, turned off the car and started it again and even tried it on his phone, it didn’t work through the USB cable and without it with Bluetooth it didn’t work

·
Registered
127 Posts
And I also wanted to know if this is a paid service?
I paid $150 on 9/26/17. Its a steep price for an update but totally worth it.

I waited after the fact because initially the dealers didn't know what the heck I was talking about when GM rolled out the offer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts