Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car was dead this morning....great. My battery has never been dead before.My husband jumped me off...Before leaving tried to hook up Bluetooth to my radio. Well sometimes I have to turn car off and back on to successfully connect to Bluetooth so turned off. Dead again.. got re jumped and Radio says only "LOCKED". Everything is touch screen. Saw somewhere to put in code dont know what code or what to do. Need advice please this has not happened before have had for 3 years. Also my battery says its holding 14.6 volts so there is really no reason for my car to be dead....battery obviously not weak. What to do!? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
How old it your battery ? Today they are lucky to last 3-4 years.
Voltmeter is telling you what the charging system is putting INTO the battery. 14.6 not what is actually in the battery. It is not a ''gas gauge'' for the battery.
You need a new battery as a good strong battery is required for today's computer on tires. Dead or weak batteries will do all kinds of crazy stuff with the cars electronics. Having to jump start it is the sign of a weak battery.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
1 Posts
My malibu 2016 radio is locked / it's a touchscreen this happend after my car wouldn't start due to dealership attaching GPS my mechanic pulled it out knocked the starter its been working fine but the radio is still locked is there a way I can unlock it my self?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts