Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
Maroon Chevrolet Malibu LT 1.5l Gen9
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to forums entirely so I apologize in advance for any posting mistakes I may have made or will make.

First off, I love my car! 2016 Malibu LT 1.5L 30,800 miles.
I've tinted my windows and am very interested in learning more about it. I've thoroughly read various sections of my manual and have scoured through every piece of information I received when purchasing it. I noticed last night on my way to visit my folks upon turning my high-beams on there is an obvious shutter like sound, almost a loud click that happens. It sounds just as if a shutter on a camera opens upon pulling back on the light lever and either closes or stays open depending on turning on or off the high beams. I've listened closely and it only happens on the driver side. It is in fact coming from the housing unit of the lights. This is the first "newer" vehichle I've owned in my life so I'm unsure if this is normal or not. Should I look into replacing a headlight or dismiss this and continue to roll on?

Thank you all.
-Zack

· Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,577 Posts
Normal. It's a solenoid actuator that controls light pattern. It's basically just a high beam bulb cut with a little door to make it low.

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,010 Posts
There's a little fella inside the housing and he gets a jolt of juice when it's time to raise or lower his hand. That noise is just him complaining about having to do his job. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.