Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

Second post here but I have had the service stabilitrak message pop up for me in a parking lot. NO RPM, low power, traction control was stuck on and brakes pulsating. Car is around 17,700 miles. Basic warranty is expired, but still have drivetrain for another year or until the 60k mile mark. I havent seen much about this before, but is it worth taking into a dealer? Based off the codes, would anything be covered under a drive train warranty?
This only happened today in a parking lot, but then was fine after letting it sit and then turning back on to drive home. I havent checked since...

Codes that pop up are the following:
P0700
U0073
U0101
U0100

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,544 Posts
Is this a 1.5 or 2.0?

You've got a generic transmission code and some network codes for lost communication with the ECM and TCM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello guys,

Second post here but I have had the service stabilitrak message pop up for me in a parking lot. NO RPM, low power, traction control was stuck on and brakes pulsating. Car is around 17,700 miles. Basic warranty is expired, but still have drivetrain for another year or until the 60k mile mark. I havent seen much about this before, but is it worth taking into a dealer? Based off the codes, would anything be covered under a drive train warranty?
This only happened today in a parking lot, but then was fine after letting it sit and then turning back on to drive home. I havent checked since...

Codes that pop up are the following:
P0700
U0073
U0101
U0100
A couple months ago my car wouldn't start but it said "service stabilitrak", 10 minutes later my car started with a check engine light but the service stabilitrak message was gone, and I went to AutoZone and the same two codes that I got that you have was the
P0700: Transmission Control system, and U0100: Lost communication with Engine Control Module. AutoZone told me to unplug my ECU for 30 minutes and plug it back in, but when I plugged it back in I waited another 30 minutes before I start the car, when I started it, check engine light was gone buty Auto Start-Stop won't work anymore.

If unplugging the ECU didn't work AutoZone told me it could be a solenoid in the transmission.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Never ever unplug a module without FIRST disconnecting the battery. Spike / surge damage can happen to a module that may not even be bad.
Car repair 101

·
Registered
784 Posts
number 1 stop listening to autozone (or any retail store) employees when it comes to troubleshooting. They have zero experience and only know how to press buttons on a keyboard (and sometimes screw that up too).

Car needs a proper diagnosis

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Auto stop may not work for several ignition cycles after the hood has been opened. At least that would happen in my '15 Malibu.
If you are going to work on your own car you need a quality scan tool first, scan tool is more important than hand tools today with computer controlled cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts