Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive got a 2016 2.0 turbo engine. Ive got about 82000 miles. I was merging onto the highway and got to about 4000 rpm and got REDUCED ENGINE POWER and a FLASHING ENGINE LIGHT. I turned it off and back on drove on the shoulder and looped back to my home about 2 miles away. My scanners getting P0300. The idle is terrible and rpms are fluctuating between 400 and 1300 and sounds like the muffler is broken. With the hood up it sounds like coins inside a soup can. I had the plugs changed at 62000 and air filter was replaced for the second time at 60000. I always use premium 93 fuel as the car is a dog without it. Where do I start with this??!?!??!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
3,133 Posts
Where do I start with this??!?!??!
1) don't drive the car further, tow if necessary
2) compression test; if a cylinder is low, follow with
3) leak down test

Could be several things - vacuum leak, bad coil, bad plug... but based on that description, my hunch is you have a piston problem - unfortunately.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had it towed to my gem dealer and just called to tell me cylinder 1 is below 20 they did the test and it blew oil out the fill hole and dipstick tube period they need 600 up front to open it up and can tell me if it is just a bad piston or if the cylinder is so damaged the engine is destroyed. they said the rattle noise is probably part of the piston stuck and that is really bad because they drained the oil and it didn't come out period should I have them do this or should I take this somewhere else no way can an engine be destroyed at 80 thousand miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts