Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went to autozone to use the scanner, but they could only read the engine compartment.
No, it must be a far more sophisticated scanner to read and reset the modules I'm referring to. I bought an autel brand on amazon for about $1,000. It resend the modules fine. Time between needing resets has been random//I haven't paid enough attention to it - the Malibu is my wife's car.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
I went to autozone to use the scanner, but they could only read the engine compartment.
Part store will only read P codes. There are a total of 4 code families.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Weighing in on the park assist system responses for the 2016 Chevy Malibu premier. Purchased my vehicle in December, by January I had taken it back to the purchasing dealer with complaints of the system not working or receiving error messages. Supposedly they fixed the problem. So then we go into Covid, hadn't been driving the vehicle, lo and behold the light pops up again. So I finally get it back in for service, the technician and the service rep tell me that there were some codes relative to the problem all they needed to do was reprogram it and that the your message should stop coming up, wouldn't you believe less than 3 months later the light is back on again. obviously from reading all the literature and the comments regarding this matter there seems to be an ongoing problem. it is my intentions to call the dealer back and find out what the warranty is on their reprogramming work, but obviously there seems to be a continual problem with this matter. Any assistance that someone can provide me in order to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated as I truly like my Chevy Malibu premier.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Weighing in on the park assist system responses for the 2016 Chevy Malibu premier. Purchased my vehicle in December, by January I had taken it back to the purchasing dealer with complaints of the system not working or receiving error messages. Supposedly they fixed the problem. So then we go into Covid, hadn't been driving the vehicle, lo and behold the light pops up again. So I finally get it back in for service, the technician and the service rep tell me that there were some codes relative to the problem all they needed to do was reprogram it and that the your message should stop coming up, wouldn't you believe less than 3 months later the light is back on again. obviously from reading all the literature and the comments regarding this matter there seems to be an ongoing problem. it is my intentions to call the dealer back and find out what the warranty is on their reprogramming work, but obviously there seems to be a continual problem with this matter. Any assistance that someone can provide me in order to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated as I truly like my Chevy Malibu premier.
Welcome to the forum, and to the Malibu Premier. It does seem to be an ongoing issue and many supposed fixes have come about. I still haven't come across a solid one - or I missed it. Good luck to you and us all.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts