Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well there has been and will always be confusion online in regards to sarcasm, humor, and the like. This is inevitable as we all have different kinds and degrees. In addition to that, many words themselves can be used in different context example, my wife is from South America and speaks Spanish as a first language (but speaks English fluently as well); she has a very had time with the word FUNNY lately. Since funny can be humorous, amusing, comic, comical, droll, entertaining, hilarious, riotous, side-splitting, witty, peculiar, curious, mysterious, odd, queer, strange, suspicious, unusual, weird. The range from 'hahahaha' funny to 'that's strange funny' throws her off.

Certainly no one knows everything and even on any particular model save for possibly simpler, older models; there is an evolving understanding which is why new updates come out from manufacturers.

@MdmeM described a video of a Mercedes-Benz, @DrivenDaily posted a video of a BMW, but it fit the description save for the brand and @repairman54 discussed the BMW posted by @DrivenDaily. As far as I can read, everyone made misunderstandings. Honestly, it's a little comical to have come back and read the chaos that ensued.

@MdmeM & @repairman54 Thank you for pointing out the adaptive cruise part. I'll have a look at the sensor on the windshield and see if it somehow there is a quick, cleaning solution.

@DrivenDaily The bit about the parts failing and needing to be replaced is my exact reasoning on just getting rid of the car and wanting to get a different brand or another lower trim. If I can bandage it and limp it along until then, great. If not, the car has been driven for months on end without a solution from GM - ie taken it to the Chevrolet dealer to have them fix it only to have it fail again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@MdmeM

If those sensors are so delicate that water intrusion causes issues, then it seems that Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and GM, at the very least, have missed the mark in their design and execution. I seriously doubt that there is a spot in them that leaks water into the electrical components, they stop working, and that they are miraculously fixed by a few squirts of WD or any other fluid. If that's the case, then the sensors have failed and need to be replaced. They are supposed to be rated for 100% exposure to the elements, and if being exposed to them causes them to fail, then they are now compromised and need to be fixed or replaced. A little snake oil, whether it's the good stuff (WD) or something else, is not a cure, it's a band-aid. Nothing wrong with a band-aid if it helps, but a proper cure is more likely what folks are looking for.

Your information is helpful to some degree, and it might help others if you were to know the difference between WD-40's original product and any silicone spray. WD-40 was originally devised as a product to protect the outer skin of certain US ballistic missiles and to displace water, hence it's designation "WD" for water displacement. They now make a range of fluids that include a silicone spray that is used for light-duty lubrication but has limited success at displacing water. As you say, "a little research can go a long way" toward being more accurate.

As for your continued contention that @repairman54 was negative, I saw nothing at all in his comments that was negative or that merited your condescending comments to that regard. I saw a humorous quip that the lowly, common-man's Chevy has been upgraded with BMW parts. If that's negative, then you have an odd sense of what's negative. Regardless, you needn't demean others in your vain attempt to appear superior.

The main reason I object to so much of your input is that it is so poorly presented, and is done so with an air of superiority to it. That, in a nutshell, is a definition of arrogance.

When I or others had anything to say that called your information into question, you accused them of being negative, dismissed it with "so what", and then quickly fell on your sword and announced that you "spoke the truth!" OK, that's fine. Back it up with documentation. Nobody's saying that you have to be 100% accurate at all times. I'm not, but I accept the correction that others have presented and thanked them for clearing things up. You seem to feel like you've been backed into a corner and are now in a fight to survive. Turn around and look - there's no corner there!
Good Morning Driven Daily
It is quite unfortunate that you have misconstrued any of the information or comments which I have offered as a solution to a problem, as condescending or as of being of a superior nature. If you missed the mark of understanding the negativity in a comment made in a forum for Chevy Malibu concerns, regarding "Chevys or that the Chevy Malibu" is junk, then that too is unfortunate. Yes, I do my research and fully understand the concept of WD40 and it's intended uses. However, as with many products, they may have been created for one purpose, yet act as a solution for other issues. Yes, it goes without saying, that any part can be defective and malfunction, or a vehicle can have design flaws, and that on any given day there can be mishaps on an assembly line. Look we do not know each other, we obviously have issues with things which have been said, we do not need to keep going back and forth about this. Let's keep in mind, this is supposed to be a site where one may find helpful info, tips, or solutions to issues. We are all entitled to our opinions and the difference thereof. I would expect any individual to question information and seek additional clarity on any matter, including when receiving information from a dealer or repair shop a these individuals were not actually on the assembly line when a particular item was built. This is not a pissing match, nor am I in a corner and falling on a sword. What works for me, may not work for another! Its all food for thought ... Have a wonderful day, stay safe, and Be Blessed!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well there has been and will always be confusion online in regards to sarcasm, humor, and the like. This is inevitable as we all have different kinds and degrees. In addition to that, many words themselves can be used in different context example, my wife is from South America and speaks Spanish as a first language (but speaks English fluently as well); she has a very had time with the word FUNNY lately. Since funny can be humorous, amusing, comic, comical, droll, entertaining, hilarious, riotous, side-splitting, witty, peculiar, curious, mysterious, odd, queer, strange, suspicious, unusual, weird. The range from 'hahahaha' funny to 'that's strange funny' throws her off.

Certainly no one knows everything and even on any particular model save for possibly simpler, older models; there is an evolving understanding which is why new updates come out from manufacturers.

@MdmeM described a video of a Mercedes-Benz, @DrivenDaily posted a video of a BMW, but it fit the description save for the brand and @repairman54 discussed the BMW posted by @DrivenDaily. As far as I can read, everyone made misunderstandings. Honestly, it's a little comical to have come back and read the chaos that ensued.

@MdmeM & @repairman54 Thank you for pointing out the adaptive cruise part. I'll have a look at the sensor on the windshield and see if it somehow there is a quick, cleaning solution.

@DrivenDaily The bit about the parts failing and needing to be replaced is my exact reasoning on just getting rid of the car and wanting to get a different brand or another lower trim. If I can bandage it and limp it along until then, great. If not, the car has been driven for months on end without a solution from GM - ie taken it to the Chevrolet dealer to have them fix it only to have it fail again.
Good Morning 2016Premier,
You are spot on .... and it is quite comical. It is one of the reasons why I do not normally associate myself with online "chat sites". It is too easy for things to be taken out of content. Anyway, I appreciate your comments. It has been a pleasure, and I am prayerful that you are able to resolve your issues. It is frustrating to work with reputable dealers and they not have the solution. But after my third visit regarding he parking assist issues, I realized that they would continue to attempt to resolve the problem each time one returns to them for assistance. And, of course, each visit is a new charge, with another potential solution. Not sure if I found this forum while on the GM Parts website or just researching for possible solutions, but what I did discover is that I was not the only one experiencing this issue. Disregarding the chaos, I have been successful in resolving my issue and will continue to monitor the situation. And, when I go in for the scheduled maintenance visits, attempt to key in on any potential issues prior to them arising. Have a wonderful, stay safe, and Be Blessed!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
3,051 Posts
This forum has over a dozen of these threads making it pretty clear GM isn't sure how to fix it - or they can't. FWIW, anyone experiencing this should give the WD-40 thing a try. Maybe it lasts a few weeks, maybe not. From my position, spraying wd-40 all over your car to suck out water and temporarily band-aid a poorly designed system isn't a solution.

This thread has basically turned into a mess of back and forth chat with so many problems I can't even put it back together. I'm going to close it temporarily so things can settle. Good luck to everyone.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts