Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Two days ago I started having issues when I'm at a complete stop at a stoplight then start hitting the gas then my car feels like it's sticking then my car hard jerks and starts driving normally. Only happened a few times in the past couple of days. Today it felt like my brakes started pulsating right when I pressed the brakes to stop at the light, then when hitting the gas my car jerked again. Not sure if that's related but I did just change my brakes.
My car haves 47600 miles on it and my warranty has expired. I called the GM deal about it, they weren't sure till they looked at it, I also told them about the Service Bulletin on my 2017, and they didn't know about it.
So do yall think its my transmission going bad or just needs reprogramming?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,665 Posts
Whenever brakes are involved get it checked. Only having 47600 miles makes me wonder about a sticking caliper. That could also cause the jerking and pulsation you're feeling not to mention premature wear of brakes. I haven't heard of any gen9 owner needing new brake pads under 50,000 miles. I have 118,000 miles on mine and the rear pads just got to the wear indicator and fronts are still going.

I can tell from your post you know about the possible transmission issue in the 2017 and 2018 9-speed. Usually owners lose propulsion from that and it will throw a code P2820. It could be that and it needs to be checked and updated if it is.

Either way needs to be looked at first by whoever did your brakes or if that person is you inspect them and possibly get another opinion.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whenever brakes are involved get it checked. Only having 47600 miles makes me wonder about a sticking caliper. That could also cause the jerking and pulsation you're feeling not to mention premature wear of brakes. I haven't heard of any gen9 owner needing new brake pads under 50,000 miles. I have 118,000 miles on mine and the rear pads just got to the wear indicator and fronts are still going.

I can tell from your post you know about the possible transmission issue in the 2017 and 2018 9-speed. Usually owners lose propulsion from that and it will throw a code P2820. It could be that and it needs to be checked and updated if it is.

Either way needs to be looked at first by whoever did your brakes or if that person is you inspect them and possibly get another opinion.
I did my own brakes. I didn't need them changed but I was hearing a grinding noise when backing out of my garage. So I changed out my fronts and the noise stopped. I think it was rust on the brakes. My car came from Canada and I live in Indiana, there was rust on the caliber where the brakes fit so I filed them clean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I did pull a U0415 code

1 - 4 of 4 Posts