Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 inch sub with a class d amp and a capacitor. Is it better to use a LOC or hook rca directly to the factory amp? Also I'm not sure how to hook the rca up without the loc. Any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,279 Posts
I don't really know enough to give a complete answer, so take it for what it's worth.

The LOC allows you to grab speaker-level outputs and use them as inputs. So long as your amp is designed for that as an input (most are), then I would tend to think it'd be just fine. It would probably be better to grab the low-level signals from the stock amp, assuming that they're the right voltage.

I run a 10" sealed sub. I completely bypassed the stock Bose amp after also replacing all of the speakers as well. I used the low-level inputs to the stock amp rather than getting an LOC, simply because they were all right there in one convenient spot, and my 5-channel amp is designed to handle my stock HU signals. I had to hook up everything and abandon the stock amp, so an LOC was not an option for me.

The only problem I'm aware of as far as using an LOC is that the signal is processed rather than virgin. You could actually try it both ways since all you're hooking up is a sub and your stock amp is still in play.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts