Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was hit the night before thanksgiving. Everything worked fine. Had my car in the shop to fix damages, but my display screen worked. Once I got the car back from the shop, my display hasnt come back on. I checked fuses, tried the door trick, tried disconnecting the battery and still nothing. The buttons on the steering wheel work but only for like ten minutes. During the drive they stop working so the volume and station will be stuck until I stop the car and restart it later on. The USB connection also doesn't work under the screen since it's connected to the MyLink. If there is any other suggestions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
16,881 Posts
Thread moved from New Member Intro area since you appear to seeking input rather than actually introduce yourself.

You should get more traffic here, so you'll also get more input here.

·
Administrator
16,881 Posts
Hey, no problem, no foul. Just being helpful in placing your thread where it'll help you the most.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
If the display was non-functional when you picked it up it needed to stay there until repaired. If you accepted return, it will need to go back and hopefully they honor the oversight. If it worked at pickup and stopped later it might just be a cable loose. It seems you have tried everything I would recommend as a DIY (battery disconnect, fuses).

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is doing this same exact thing. My back up camera still works, but the lines to tell me how close I am to an object has disappeared. Does anyone have a fix? I've unhooked the negative to the battery, pulled the fuses out(start the car, turned off the car), and removed the blue cord from the HMI. Nothing is working. HELP us!!! (LOL)

·
Administrator
16,881 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is doing this same exact thing. My back up camera still works, but the lines to tell me how close I am to an object has disappeared. Does anyone have a fix? I've unhooked the negative to the battery, pulled the fuses out(start the car, turned off the car), and removed the blue cord from the HMI. Nothing is working. HELP us!!! (LOL)
Additional Details - My car is a 2018 Malibu LT

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Thank you for updating those details.

The discussion you have posted in describes a MyLink display that non-functional following a collision repair. You note your car is "doing the exact same thing" but also wrote "back up camera still works, but the lines to tell me how close I am to an object has disappeared". Am I correct in inferring you can see the backup video but not the grid lines? Is the MyLink display showing a picture on the home screen? On other screens? Or are those not showing and it is ONLY the backup camera minus the grid that appears?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for updating those details.

The discussion you have posted in describes a MyLink display that non-functional following a collision repair. You note your car is "doing the exact same thing" but also wrote "back up camera still works, but the lines to tell me how close I am to an object has disappeared". Am I correct in inferring you can see the backup video but not the grid lines? Is the MyLink display showing a picture on the home screen? On other screens? Or are those not showing and it is ONLY the backup camera minus the grid that appears?
The screen is completely black. No picture, or any type of light. However when I back-up, the rear cameras show whats behind me. Its just the image of what's behind me and no grids to show how close I am to the object.

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
Unfortunately that sounds like it will require a dealer visit. I haven't read reports of that on this Malibu forum but I have read reports on other Chevy forums. The resolution is usually a software update or module replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts