Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I noticed today that my temperature is way off from what it really is outside It just stays at 80 and doesn't move my question is is this sensor easy to replace? I've been watching a lot of videos saying you have to take the bumper off? should I just send this to a shop or should I try to fix this myself is it worth it? Or could it be a glitch in the radio but it needs to be reset the my link? Any suggestions would be great thanks so much

2017 Malibu LT
Kettle Meet Black

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
Before you do anything, did you recently have work done to the vehicle or disconnect the battery?

If so, just drive at least 10 miles and make sure you get above 50 mph for some of it. After that, the temp should start reporting again, but if it doesn't, then get the codes read (not just the P codes, but all of them) and see if there's an issue.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have noticed it stick once in a blue moon and driving it makes it work again. Maybe 3x in 4+ years of owning it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Code P073
I have a check engine light in my 2017 Malibu ,I changed the outside air sensor and reset the computer,The check engine pups up again after minutes !!I changed it 3 times and i have the same problem !! I saw a crack in the radiator shutter asymbly ! Maybe this is the main problem ? Need help and advice please.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
P0073 and a crack in the shutters leads me to suspect impact from an object which means connector/wiring damage.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,658 Posts
Seems you have it all figured out! Saves me pulling out the diagrams to sort it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you do anything, did you recently have work done to the vehicle or disconnect the battery?

If so, just drive at least 10 miles and make sure you get above 50 mph for some of it. After that, the temp should start reporting again, but if it doesn't, then get the codes read (not just the P codes, but all of them) and see if there's an issue.
This actually worked man thanks!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,147 Posts
The first time I heard about it, it was a service writer who told me. It was hard to swallow, but when I drove it and it got to 10 miles, Bam!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts