Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m having a display popping up on my car, which says steering assist is reduced drive with care.. but once it pop up it shuts my car off and I have to get a jump.. very upsetting differently when your at a red light?? Can anyone help with this? I took over to auto zone and they put their machine on it, but he said I needed a air filter which I thought was weird. So I changed all of it and he still does it..

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
Hello @Frankie1983. To help we need to know what year, engine, and trim you have. I have read of that message on gen9 cars but never accompanied with a stall/electrical failure on that generation. Once we know more we can move your post to the appropriate section and maybe offer some advice. Interesting advice from AutoZone; changing the air filter for a steering assist warning along with electrical failure is... unique.

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
That's enough vehicle info. I moved this over to the gen9 problems section. There are bulletins for the steering assist reduced message but not mixed with stalling. This will probably require professional diagnosis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully someone can give me answers cuz now my turning signal isn’t clicking and my radio has no sound, and this morning my car wouldn’t start wouldn’t start had to get another jump it’s so frustrating

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the dealer should look into this as well, that's a lot of electrical related issues to try and diagnose over these forums.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Dude, looks like you need a new battery. Take it in to a shop as a bad battery will cause all kinds of crazy issues. Needing jump starts is a clear indicator that something is wrong in the battery/charging systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts