Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have scoured the forum threads here, as well as many websites through Google searches; unfortunately information regarding Gen 9 Malibus, specifically the Premier trim, is lacking or non-existent. I am trying to install an aftermarket amp and am simply looking for the wiring diagram for the stock Bose amplifier as I intend to pull off of that for my RCA inputs to my amp. I'm not touching any of my speakers, I am only adding subs. Based on what I've seen on these forums, I'm ASSUMING a few things:

- Probably, certain speaker wire colors input into the Bose amp are the same in various trim levels. I'm seeing green (+) and green/black (-) for rear left, and white (+) and blue/black (-) for rear right, fairly universally.
- The level inputs into the Bose amp are low level preamp signal, so I won't need a LOC.

Unfortunately, a few people here on the forum have had little to no feedback regarding the Premier trim sound system when they ask questions. I don't have access to the vehicle schematics, so I'm pleading with this community, does anyone have the pinout for the connectors on the Bose amplifier specific to the Premier trim? I also really need to figure out which wire I need to tap into for the remote turn on wire. I've attached pics of my own as well as from others that have posted here previously. As you can see, the pinouts are different than with the LT and other trims. Thank you for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

I have scoured the forum threads here, as well as many websites through Google searches; unfortunately information regarding Gen 9 Malibus, specifically the Premier trim, is lacking or non-existent. I am trying to install an aftermarket amp and am simply looking for the wiring diagram for the stock Bose amplifier as I intend to pull off of that for my RCA inputs to my amp. I'm not touching any of my speakers, I am only adding subs. Based on what I've seen on these forums, I'm ASSUMING a few things:

• Probably, certain speaker wire colors input into the Bose amp are the same in various trim levels. I'm seeing green (+) and green/black (-) for rear left, and white (+) and blue/black (-) for rear right, fairly universally.
  • The level inputs into the Bose amp are low level preamp signal, so I won't need a LOC.
Unfortunately, a few people here on the forum have had little to no feedback regarding the Premier trim sound system when they ask questions. I don't have access to the vehicle schematics, so I'm pleading with this community, does anyone have the pinout for the connectors on the Bose amplifier specific to the Premier trim? I also really need to figure out which wire I need to tap into for the remote turn on wire. I've attached pics of my own as well as from others that have posted here previously. As you can see, the pinouts are different than with the LT and other trims. Thank you for any help!
Hey just curious, did you ever get a diagram of some sort for this because I have an lt but with the same amp setup

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still haven’t been able to find anything. So what I ended up doing is putting T-splices on all 4 wires on the rear deck. Ran them to a LOC and got the best sound quality I’ve been able to get from testing and troubleshooting other methods such as direct from the amp. I’ve got blue/gray + green black - (left deck) green/magenta + grey/black - (right deck). Pulling straight off the speaker wire before the plug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Or if you have patience, LLJ Customs apparently sells a plug and play harness that connects the the factory amp with speaker leads. You’d run the leads to a LOC or if you have a high signal capable amplifier you could wire direct from their harness. I think it’s a 2 weeks wait time though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts