Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The left axle seal is leaking at the transmission. It’s the 9 speed. The axle had to be replaced due to an accident. The seal wasn’t replaced then. The axle is a new ACDelco. After the seal started to leak about 1 drop a day, I had it replaced with a new ACDelco seal. It now pours....like 10 times worse than before. Any ideas? The seal came with a blue alignment tool to not damage the seal. It drives perfect and makes no noise. Only has 9,000 miles.

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,457 Posts
I'd be looking for a bad part, poor workmanship, or a combination of both.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
The vehicle was in an accident necessitating the replacement of the axle/cv joint and seal? Perhaps more was damaged than just the axle. If parts inside the transmission [differential ?] are damaged and the stub axle leaving the transmission does not run true and/or wobbles, the seal is not going to work. I would like the see the vehicle on a lift with the engine running in gear and the axles turning. Do the stub axles leaving the transmission appear to run steady and true? Extreme caution advised.

It could be as simple as poor parts and/or workmanship like DD mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.