Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car stop running and couldn't be started, so I had it towed to the dealer. It has been at the Chevrolet Dealership here in Florida for over a month now. They're telling me that part is on backorder but as I dig further on the web, the part has been discontinued. The Part number is 13540017 Fuel Pump Power Control Module Assembly. No loaner cars and no help from GM or Chevrolet, I'm getting frustrated and it's a lease with only 4 more payments. Any solutions or suggestions would be very helpful.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Contact your lease company, maybe you can get out of the lease.

Reactions: campb292

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,378 Posts
You have my sympathies dealing with that. It is a brutal time in the auto industry. Parts are in short supply and loaners aren't available because cars aren't available.

I like repairman's suggestion to get a ball rolling. As a alternative, I'd go talk to the parts counter. I am mildly concerned they ordered a discontinued part or the wrong part. Looking in the acdelco parts catalog and rockauto, that part number doesn't look right to me. My documentation usually covers 2016-2018 pretty close but there were some changes to the fuel system in 2018 so I can't cross reference with other materials I have here. I would double check with the dealer parts counter and cross reference with another dealer parts counter just to make sure the right part is ordered. You might even try and get the part like you are doing the work yourself then deliver it to the shop. You risk a double order but that's what I would do. Unfortunately the part does need to be programmed so you can't DIY as an alternative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts