Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

A few weeks ago I posted about the issue I was having with my 2018 Malibu, whereby the My Link system screen remains blacked out but comes on in reverse for the back up cam. I did some trouble shooting with chevy over the phone but to no avail. I took it to two mechanics to rule out one being wrong and they both came up with the above TSB. Seems to affect 2016-2018 cars but may not be as widespread as yet. Anyone having this problem or know of anyone that have and what was the problem? It's really a quiet ride without my radio and I can't imagine how long they will take to get a fix out. It might help to know that I don't live near a dealer, not even close. Nearest one is in another country and I'm not in the US.

Many thanks,

Keagan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: after giving up on mechanics and not having a GM tech in country, I took my original HMI and Radio Module from my 2015 Silverado that I had in storage after upgrading to car play and tried it on the Malibu. I first tried the HMI and no dice, at this point I was about to throw in the towel and I instead tried the radio module. Theft locked came up on the screen. I’m thinking my radio module took a dump. I have ordered a replacement with programming and hoping this solves my black screen issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My radio unit is doing the same thing. Mine happened right after I changed my battery. Backup camera works but dead radio, no sound, or park assist. I’ll by a used module and give it a try

1 - 4 of 4 Posts