Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded my 2017 LT for a 2018 Premier 2.0T. The first couple weeks have been trouble free until last Friday. I am getting two error messages. One is "ADAPTIVE CRUISE TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE SERVICE ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL" and the other is "SERVICE PARK ASSIST". I had it at the dealer yesterday and they said there is a bulletin for 2016 and 2017 but nothing for my year. They replaced the park assist module under warranty and it was fine the rest of the day but this morning it came back. I called and they said there is nothing more they can do and engineering is working on a solution. Has anyone else with a 2018 or newer had this and gotten a fix?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,853 Posts
I have a 2011 so this is just what I can recall from what others have posted.

Check to be sure that your camera lens is not dirty or obstructed. Check the sensors in the bumper and elsewhere for signs of possible damage and/or plug malfunctions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After replacing the park assist module they worked with GM and this morning I picked it up. It had to have a new front bumper and 2 sensors replaced. I test drove it an hour and not one problem. Back to whole. The dealer was really great and gave me a Trailblazer Active as a loaner. It is small and slow but I was impressed with the interior quality.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,445 Posts
Glad it worked out and the dealer took time to contact GM.

Which engine/transmission did that Trailblazer have? I think the Activ comes with the 1.3 w/CVT or 1.3 w/9-speed if the AWD version.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad it worked out and the dealer took time to contact GM.

Which engine/transmission did that Trailblazer have? I think the Activ comes with the 1.3 w/CVT or 1.3 w/9-speed if the AWD version.
It was AWD so it must have been the 1,3 and 9. I know its not meant to be a sports car but it was running like 2500 rpm at 70 mph on the freeway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts