Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from CA,
I have a 2018MH with 86k miles. I bought it used (off lease) from a big local dealer (not Chevy). I loved the car until it broke down recently. I was driving 30mph in D, then the display "Shift to Park" pop up. Surprised, I looked down and the car lost all the power, power meter was at OFF. I put the car to P and tried to start it again. It turned on for a couple minutes, made strange loud noise, and became dead. The last couple times I tried to start the engine again, it does the same thing (on for a couple minutes, made strange loud noise, and became dead) plus there was strong smell of gasoline coming from the exhaust. I had it towed to my home but not sure what to do to get it fix yet.

My at-home diagnostic device gives codes:
P0AC4-Hybrid Propulsion
P0AB9-Hybrid Propulsion
P015B-Subsystem: Fuel and Air Metering
P16E0-Subsystem: Computer Output Circuit

Most warranty from GM expires at or below 80k. However, I read about the 100k warranty for CERTAIN Hybrid parts from this forum. Do you guys know whether Hybrid Propulsion is covered under this warranty?
If anyone had the same experience, please share your wisdom before my pocket gets all sucked up by a Chevy dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,105 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts