Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having issues with their 2018 Malibu?
2 months ago I had issues with the gas pedal sensor. I lost power on the fwy almost getting hit from the back Wouldn’t go past 10mph check engine came on mentioning engine power has been reduced. Than issues with “shift to park” while it’s on park. Now“warning: stabiltrak” along with “steering assist has been reduced drive with care” all in in that order.Check engine light is on. 9/13/20 car completely shut off while on the fwy and turned back on within 3secs. Steering wheel jerks while in auto stop Mode every other stop.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,675 Posts
Couple common issues there - the pedal sensor and shift to park. Those I assume you had fixed at the dealer? They did perform the recall, correct?

The shut off on freeway and auto restart I have never heard before and steering wheel movement while in auto stop in have never heard either. This stuff is in need of a dealer trip or at least a code scan since you have fault codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the steering wheel jerks hard like if it’s not straight even just a bit it’ll jerk at every other Complete stop I have a couple videos that I’m be showing the mechanic department when I take it in for them to see what I’ve mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,675 Posts
The videos should go nicely with the check engine light and codes. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts