Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
"Originally Posted by miweber929
I’m in the same boat, ant start new threads, can’t edit mine. Something changed admin wise."

Just to be clear here, I was able to post new threads and edit like this; See first picture; 2nd one depicts the restriction clearly...(Edit option removed) I did notice that my last weeks post was edited by Double D!

And b/c I sorta took a swing at some GM CEO's...just assumed that Double D squashed my presence...in one fell swoop that is... Cheers and happy new year folks! :) Carter

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,307 Posts
Just to make sure @DrivenDaily knows, you see the same lack of permissions in all sections of the forum? For example, in the gen9 problems section you still can't edit a previous post or create a thread? I ask because this section (Auto Industry/General Motors News) has always had more restrictive permissions for general registered users as autoguide wanted to be the sole new thread creator.
I was not aware of that particular restriction! Thanks for sharing that, and now it makes more sense.

"Originally Posted by miweber929
I’m in the same boat, ant start new threads, can’t edit mine. Something changed admin wise."

Just to be clear here, I was able to post new threads and edit like this; See first picture; 2nd one depicts the restriction clearly...(Edit option removed) I did notice that my last weeks post was edited by Double D!

And b/c I sorta took a swing at some GM CEO's...just assumed that Double D squashed my presence...in one fell swoop that is... Cheers and happy new year folks! :) Carter
Nope, wuzzent me that whacked your permissions! :) But it was me who edited the post. All I did was fix the quote tags so it would display the quotation properly.

You can take swipes at GM just about all you want and you won't feel any heat from me.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Just to make sure @DrivenDaily knows, you see the same lack of permissions in all sections of the forum? For example, in the gen9 problems section you still can't edit a previous post or create a thread? I ask because this section (Auto Industry/General Motors News) has always had more restrictive permissions for general registered users as autoguide wanted to be the sole new thread creator.
Bingo!!! I’m only restricted in this area, not in the normal threads.

Makes sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lease a 2018 Malibu & I was hoping to replace it with another one in 3 years. All I wanted was a safe, (nearly) leather-free, hybrid which I could get in 2018. With the new 2019 options packages, I can't check all three of those boxes anymore. Chevy should match their competition-Toyota-with respect to safety features and just ofter a compete safety package standard across the entire line. With the death of the Volt--which the Malibu borrowed parts & tech from-- my crystal ball isn't so sure that they'll offer a hybrid in 3 years either.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I was not aware of that particular restriction! Thanks for sharing that, and now it makes more sense.

Nope, wuzzent me that whacked your permissions! :) But it was me who edited the post. All I did was fix the quote tags so it would display the quotation properly.

You can take swipes at GM just about all you want and you won't feel any heat from me.
The case is settled; I learned that to post in this area within the forum - that spelling counts big time b/c you can not afford to make a mistake and rectify the problem later. Period. Thanks fellows. (You can see the variable permissions when you slide/scroll all the way down as you navigate between the different threads.)

·
Banned
617 Posts
not much love for todays offerings!! drove my sisters impreza with a CVT that she got after trading in her 2010 bu V6 what a DOG!!! + hopefully it stays together for her, stop start stinks as well but can be deleted!!! todays cars get worse every year as the cost goes up IMO!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2019 Maibu Premier in November. I like this car alot. With the twin turbo, I get all the acceleration I need. All you cry babies out there complaining about no v6 are just that, cry babies
Nobody is forcing you to buy this car! I like the the slightly smaller size compared to an Impala. Quit bashing Chevy. I have received alot of positive feedback from friends and family on this car.

·
Administrator
17,307 Posts
I bought a 2019 Maibu Premier in November. I like this car alot. With the twin turbo, I get all the acceleration I need. All you cry babies out there complaining about no v6 are just that, cry babies
Nobody is forcing you to buy this car! I like the the slightly smaller size compared to an Impala. Quit bashing Chevy. I have received alot of positive feedback from friends and family on this car.
You may have seen some comments in different sections of this forum that I don't want to be in a position to have to buy another new car, and if I am, I most certainly do not wanna consider one with a turbo. Does that make me a cry baby?

You like your twin-turbo car. I like my NA V6. I'll put it on a 1/4-mile strip next to yours any day, and I'll lose. At least, that's what the paper says, and I'm good with that: 250 HP/260 Tq for yours, 252 HP/251 Tq. It's your curb weight and that 9-speed that win the day for you.

However, I can't seem to corroborate your claim that it's a "twin turbo". Maybe you're just getting it mixed up with a twin-scroll turbo, which is a single turbo with two inputs to help with the negative pressure pulses of neighbor cylinders as they exhaust into the manifold. (See video below that explains it in just under 6 minutes.)

Oh, and quit bashing folks! We're not here to be abused and I'm sure you aren't either. I'd rather you do something positive about it than force me to do something negative.

·
Banned
617 Posts
got that straightened out, you have a SINGLE twin scroll turbo which enhances low end with quicker spooling. lots of techy stuff to enhance performance while returning good economy!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
This is why my daily driver is not a new Malibu, but I did get a new Equinox.

I was able to get a 2.0 engine and a 9 speed trans in the LT trim level. I wasn't able to get this combination in a Malibu without getting the Premier trim level. I have the Silver Ice LT 2.0 FWD with the Redline package.

You cannot get the Redline package in a Malibu with the 2.0 engine; only the 1.5, which was a deal-breaker for me.

You can see how they sabotage their sales of sedans by the options and package games they play. I tried to build a Malibu various times; each option or package I wanted wasn't available with the next option I selected. I finally gave up trying.

It's not so much customers want SUV/crossovers instead of a sedan: It's that the manufacturer won't allow the customer to option their sedan as desired.

My wife took the plunge and got a 2019 Equinox LT1 after trading in her 2011 Equinox with 100,627 miles. The vehicle is sweet! Lot of reading the fine manual to do...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Update: The Equinox can't corner "Half the speed as a 13 Malibu" wearing 50 series shoes, and just so you know...since it costs the same...let your children understand that...(Literally...A 2019 was almost totaled less than 30 minutes ago..) - Grateful this evening...CPS

·
Administrator
17,307 Posts
Wow, sounds scarey! I hope everyone's all right.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts