Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2019 Chevrolet Malibu has dropped some camouflage while testing its new facelift.

The midsize sedan segment is very competitive, so Chevrolet is hoping to give the Malibu a boostin sales with a modest refresh. The prototype caught by spy photographers reveal that the front and rear end will receive noticeable changes, which include new lights, bumpers, and a front grille.

Although spy photographers were unable to get photos of the prototype Malibu’s interior, expect it to receive similar updates as other recent Chevrolet introductions, like the Equinox. The Malibu should also benefit from more advanced driver assistance technologies.
Read more about the 2019 Chevrolet Malibu Shows Off its New Face for Spy Photographers at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
701 Posts
"driver assistance technologies"

The more weight they save by making them lighter, the more weight the put back on them with added electronics.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,876 Posts
I'm really apprehensive based on what's showing and that grille shape. I hope there are some attractive new interior color combinations, because I thought that was a weak point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what I've read (and guessing at the camoflauged car) the front will look more like the Cruze and the tal lamps will be freshened up. No major changes. ITs still the same car with a new front and back and a few new options and maybe a stronger base powertrain.
I'll have one by December when I order my next company car

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm really apprehensive based on what's showing and that grille shape. I hope there are some attractive new interior color combinations, because I thought that was a weak point.
Wholeheartedly agreed. I like the saddle colored leather in my car but detest that generic tan-like color for the rest of the dash/door plastics, it should have been black like every other GM car with that saddle color leather. I perferred the interior of the Cruze in many ways over the Malibu, THAT just ain't right. Same with the new Equinox, it's about the same interior design as the 'Bu but at least they got the color selection right. And loose that pathetic gray interior, that is about the worst rental-grade chintzy color scheme imaginable.

While they're at it, the plastics need a desperate upgrade, they're cheap looking as can be. Interiors were one of GM's really weak spots for years, 'bargain bin' is what a lot of the car magazines called them and it was justified. Under Bob Lutz things were getting better but they're back-slid big time since he left. One REALLY cheapskate item I think is inexcusable in the Malibu is what they call "carpet" and it's not even a single piece carpet, you can easily see a very CHEAP looking overlap seam underneath the front seats. I've never, ever seen a car in my life with carpet done like that even in a GM car (that includes some of the utter trash built in the 70s).

·
Registered
496 Posts
"driver assistance technologies"

The more weight they save by making them lighter, the more weight the put back on them with added electronics.
I don't think a lot of that tech will add much weight to the existing vehicle. My guess is they'd upgrade what is in there hence the weight difference is a wash. The only big difference I saw with the Equinox that's got an "oooo" factor for driver assist tech was the vibrating seat for blind spot detection.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Does the Malibu have the birds eye view cameras?
If not they may add that option. It's a very handy feature.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The current Malibu could use a refresh, but the boring body carving is where I have the most problem with the current car. I wish Chevrolet would be more unique with its designs instead of trying so hard to follow other trendsetters.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Does the Malibu have the birds eye view cameras?
If not they may add that option. It's a very handy feature.
No it doesn't but with such a low profile it doesn't make much sense. And were would you put the camera without spoiling the roofline?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts