Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2019 chevy mailbu LT hit 44k miles this morning and this car has always been quite speedy for what it is LOL. i noticed this morning that i have little to no power before 20mph! i tested this countless times and i will have the petal fully down and my car will slowly go to 20 then floor it..... what is the issue? i have a warrenty on my car so im going to the dealership later today!):

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update-I took the car to the dealership and this morning for the appointment and yet to hear anything but i do have a video of said issue. its like the turbo doesnt engage until 3500rpm’s or something is restricting it. or is this a transmission issue? i have never ran into this issue before and it was 2x worse taking it to the dealer this morning (didnt get a video of it. was focused on getting to dealer safely cuz driving from a complete stop is so slow) no engine light still and im waiting to hear from the dealer. how do i add a video to this lol?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,799 Posts
I hope the dealer figures it out. It could be many things, hard to say from here so let them go through their full process. If they find nothing, ask if they checked this bulletin for false knock detection, it's just an ECM update: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10166651-9999.pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thank you. it only happens once the car the car is at running temp): i will post when the dealer updates me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have they provided you with any updates? My 2019 RS started doing the exact same thing today. It’s actually quite dangerous because the car will not accelerate in a quick enough time, if needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have they provided you with any updates? My 2019 RS started doing the exact same thing today. It’s actually quite dangerous because the car will not accelerate in a quick enough time, if needed.
The dealer fixed the issue and i wanted to post pictures of the paperwork but i sadly picked the car up after hours and had my other grab the keys and she didnt grab paperwork🤦🏻‍♂️ they told me they reprogramed the ecu and that solved my issue!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts