Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Chevy Mailbu LT that just hit 41,500k miles on a roadtrip i was on this week and this car had given me no issues really and has always been solid and mid roadtrip i had a tire air pressure sensor go off but the tire pressure was normal? i was mid roadtrip when this happened and i just got home yesterday driving 600 some miles with this light still currently on. i added air to the tire this morning to make it 30PSI and it is still on!):

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
What is the recommended pressure on the inside driver door label ? 29 seems low to me.
After adding air sometimes they need to be driven so sensors reset.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,741 Posts
Most gen9 are 35 psi cold, some hybrid owners reported 38 on the sticker. Those tires showing 29-32 going 83 mph are way under, more like 27-30 cold.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,741 Posts
I like 33 a lot more than 35 specified in my 2016. 35 gives me uneven treadwear in the center so I use 33.

Make sure it is 33 cold, not when you get air away from home as the tire warms while you drive and pressure increases. I don't know about that honking stuff, that's weird - but heck I didn't even know 19s moved to 33 psi.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Maybe it's a new feature letting you know your at the recommended pressure and not overfilling at those cheesy air stations we have today.

·
Registered
2019 Chevy Malibu LT
1 Posts
and when i tried refilling tires when the back got to 33 the car not kidding starting blicking the turn signals and when i got to 33 on front tire the car honked at me!😂
The turn signals are suppose to blink on the tire your filling. If a different signal is blinking it means they did not reset them when they rotated your tires. Also, the horn honks when you reach the correct psi to prevent over filling :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts