Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Malibu LT w/ 1.5T

Having an intermittent issue. Every now and then, car will be extremely laggy taking off and going through the gears. So bad that at like 60% throttle it takes forever to get up to speed. Then the turbo will light and it will set you back in the seat, but once it shifts it falls on it’s face again. Then when you shut it off, the engine fan will run for 15-20 minutes. After it sits over night, it runs great for an hour or so, and then will start the issue again.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Car is at dealer now and of course they can’t get it to replicate the issue with how little they drive them.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
3,002 Posts
It can be tough when the behavior is so intermittent it doesn't happen at the dealer. There is a bulletin and ECM update specific to 2019s that states lack of power and hesitation on take off with or without a couple fault codes. A similar issue occurred on 2018s; those owners offered a similar description has your description. Dealer should check on it. Here is that bulletin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
2019 Malibu LT w/ 1.5T

Having an intermittent issue. Every now and then, car will be extremely laggy taking off and going through the gears. So bad that at like 60% throttle it takes forever to get up to speed. Then the turbo will light and it will set you back in the seat, but once it shifts it falls on it’s face again. Then when you shut it off, the engine fan will run for 15-20 minutes. After it sits over night, it runs great for an hour or so, and then will start the issue again.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Car is at dealer now and of course they can’t get it to replicate the issue with how little they drive them.
Greetings All,
I just purchased a 2019 Malibu LT, Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle about 2weeks ago. I am now experiencing the very same symptoms.

Appreciate the insight!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings All,
I just purchased a 2019 Malibu LT, Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle about 2weeks ago. I am now experiencing the very same symptoms.

Appreciate the insight!
Hello Again!

After creating a Service Appointment Request, via my handy, dandy MyChevrolet App, I took my Malibu into Service. I provided the information, as contained within this helpful thread, as well as the TSB Number for their reference.

I'll keep you posted on the outcome of the appointment.

Vehicularly Yours,

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,297 Posts
@Bow-tye-Timothy_1970 does your car accelerate properly now? Let us know if you are satisfied with the fix.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,297 Posts
Greetings @cp-the-nerd!
My apologies! Yes and yes! The recommendation made by @campb292 resolved the issue, and I am completely satisfied with regaining my MPG and performance.
No apology necessary! I was just curious how it was working out for you. Thanks very much for your responses here on the forum! We hope to see you around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts