Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Malibu Premier 2.0
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really annoying! my phone is connected and it shows the sync, but when I'm on the media screen it says no device connected and will not play music or any media. Phone calls work. Any help or tips... Should I take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
2020 Malibu Premier 2.0T
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution for this? Just bought a 2020 premier and I’m having the same issue. Able to make and receive phone calls fine but audio app says no device connected when I try to use Bluetooth. Definitely frustrating.

·
Registered
2017 Malibu Premier
13 Posts
I find the whole head unit to be pretty buggy. I have this same problem sometimes. Usually switching from radio and back to media fixes it. - Edit - reading more carefully now, my problem might be different than what you are describing. But I have had the issue you are describing too. To fix that I think I usually go into the pairing settings on the malibu and click on the phone. Or maybe turn my phone's bluetooth off and back on.

Soap box - and I hate that there is no physical play/pause button! When I'm backing out of my driveway, my podcast automatically starts playing (I can't find a setting in the malibu to make it stop doing that) and there is no way to stop it because the camera has take over the whole media screen!

I love how this car drives but hate the media setup. Terrible design.

Yes I know the power button mutes it, I guess that's fine for people who listen to bluetooth music, but I listen to podcasts. If I mute I miss out on the show.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I find the whole head unit to be pretty buggy. I have this same problem sometimes. Usually switching from radio and back to media fixes it. - Edit - reading more carefully now, my problem might be different than what you are describing. But I have had the issue you are describing too. To fix that I think I usually go into the pairing settings on the malibu and click on the phone. Or maybe turn my phone's bluetooth off and back on.

Soap box - and I hate that there is no physical play/pause button! When I'm backing out of my driveway, my podcast automatically starts playing (I can't find a setting in the malibu to make it stop doing that) and there is no way to stop it because the camera has take over the whole media screen!

I love how this car drives but hate the media setup. Terrible design.

Yes I know the power button mutes it, I guess that's fine for people who listen to bluetooth music, but I listen to podcasts. If I mute I miss out on the show.
For any local audio files, you just hit the round power button to mute it. Works even when the rear camera is on. Muting stops the file from advancing too.
Is that what you are asking? Seems too obvious.......

·
Registered
2017 Malibu Premier
13 Posts
For any local audio files, you just hit the round power button to mute it. Works even when the rear camera is on. Muting stops the file from advancing too.
Is that what you are asking? Seems too obvious.......
No, I was saying there is no way to pause. Other vehicles I've owned or test driven had a way to pause bluetooth audio (without digging through touchscreen menus). The Malibu does not. And it has a bad habit of automatically starting my podcast right about the time I am already in reverse and backing out. So I'm trying to chat with my wife, or my kids, but my show starts playing, and I have no way to stop it until I finish backing out, switch to drive, and then wait a few more seconds for the camera feed to turn off and my touch screen controls come back.

Mute works fine for music, but not for podcasts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts