Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Was at the dealer for some work on my 2016 LS. There was a 2020 1LT parked in the showroom that had 6000 miles on it. Window sticker was $27,500 and it was marked down to $19,500. I wasn't really looking for a replacement but it was so tempting. Not sure how firm the asking price is. Anyone have an opinion for a good counter offer?

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,434 Posts
The offer is decent but not spectacular. Being a 2020 with 6000 miles my guess is it was service department loaner/demo workhorse. Those 6000 miles will likely be rental car tough, perhaps worse. No early oil change, pedal floored cold, cheapest fuel possible, curbs, everything you might not do with your new car but "animals" might since it wasn't theirs. Just thoughts/realities as it has warranty so anything gross will be covered and should surface in 30k.

The kbb trade-in on a 2020 LT with 6000 is about $14800. The private party value is $18000. You can routinely get a new LT with no miles for about $20k. Perhaps given some info that demo can leave the lot for $18k.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,921 Posts
I agree with @campb292. You can buy brand new midlevel Malibu models for $5,000 or more off MSRP. The example you saw was a used car being sold above market value.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't consider the car might have been a loaner. In my area the advertised "sale" prices on new malibu and impalas are high compared to other Chevy products, if you can find any. Might be a supply/demand issue. These cars are very popular in my neighborhood. Anyway, I think I'll pass for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts