Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

2020 Malibu Android Auto not working

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  deadchevy 
#1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I've 2020 Malibu 1.5 Turbo and I've issues with the Infotainment System the Android Auto is not working but CarPlay work without any issues

and I don't know if there is updates for the Infotainment System or if I can install another system please tell me as I tried to search on YT and I'vent found anything also I saw videos on YT the Infotainment System that they have is not like mine I've missing some feature on my system and tbh I don't know if Malibu 2020 Infotainment System does have updates etc

please let me know and if anyone has 2020 Malibu does the Android Auto work with you ? and how did you connect it as I tried with diffrent android and same I mean the device at self when I choose transffer data it keep discounect after 5 second.

thank you.

#2 ·
Greetings everyone

I've issues with my 2020 Malibu the AA is not working I does not connect to my phone when I plugh the phone to it and set it to transffer files so I can use AA but nothing happen I tried with OPPA , OnePlus , Galaxsy all same issues is there problem with AA on 2020 Malibu or do I need to do something ? also I tried to use USB Debgg same and the phone keep dissconect every 5-10 second

please help also I tried more then cable.

#3 ·
Hello and welcome.

I merged your new discussion together with your last discussion. Please don't make new conversations every few hours. Sometimes it takes time for others to see your post.

Initially you limited desired responses to fellow 2020 owners. I have not read reports of 2020 owners having similar issues with Android Auto or CarPlay. Speaking for older systems like those in my 2016, I have had some intermittent functionality issues over the years. Each time it was resolved by changing the cable, it was fixed with the next Android Auto release, or just unplugging and reconnecting or clearing data/cache and setting up again.

Some questions:
Has Android Auto ever worked in your car?
What Android OS version?
Latest Android Auto?

I have noticed several new Android Auto releases lately. Perhaps there is a bug being worked on.

#4 ·
Hello and welcome.

I merged your new discussion together with your last discussion. Please don't make new conversations every few hours. Sometimes it takes time for others to see your post.

Initially you limited desired responses to fellow 2020 owners. I have not read reports of 2020 owners having similar issues with Android Auto or CarPlay. Speaking for older systems like those in my 2016, I have had some intermittent functionality issues over the years. Each time it was resolved by changing the cable, it was fixed with the next Android Auto release, or just unplugging and reconnecting or clearing data/cache and setting up again.

Some questions:
Has Android Auto ever worked in your car?
What Android OS version?
Latest Android Auto?

I have noticed several new Android Auto releases lately. Perhaps there is a bug being worked on.
nope never AA worked on my car
I've last version of Android
also AA up2date

but I think my car need SW update but I don't know how I can enter Dev Mod on Malibu 2020 I tried to google to see if anyone did it before but no luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.