Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forums and new to owning a Malibu. So far I'm enjoying my 2022 1LT, but I'm pretty frustrated with trying to install an after market amp and sub. Hoping someone here can give me some suggestions. Car has an Alpine GABI01 that has no CD slot and the connection look to be over perhaps ethernet outside of what I'm assuming is power. Below the stereo is where the speaker wires connect and I couldn't get down to those to splice in for high level input on the amp. I ended up splicing in at the tweeters in the A pillar, however, getting humming from the amp that comes and goes when the car is running. It is definitely the high inputs as if I disconnect 1 it is reduced and disconnecting both makes it stop. Looking for any suggestions on what other options I might have as I believe the issue is coming from where I've tapped in for the high input to the amp but I don't see any other place to easily pull signal from.
Power is run through the firewall on the right side of the vehicle and the amp is under the passenger seat. Amp is grounded to the underbody, paint was removed before attaching the ground. Speaker wires are run to the middle and under the center console on the right side to the amp under the seat. So power and signal input are separated. This is why I believe the issue is likely where I'm pulling the signal from.

Amp - Pioneer GM-DX871
Sub - 10" MTX

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,105 Posts
In 2019 the amp/anc unit moved under/behind the glovebox. It is hard to describe. Sitting in the passenger seat, legs stretched out, toes point right at it. Under the carpet stuff a bit. Not sure if it is still there in 2022 as I don't believe we have seen electrical mods to a 22 yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts