Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there had success with getting a dealer to honor a $2000 "lease pull ahead" incentive (on top of the $2750) even though you don't have a lease?

I've never leased and both cars are paid off. If someone has cash to pay for the car, I can't believe they wouldn't give you the deal "because you don't have a lease"? Cash is king, right?

·
Registered
193 Posts
The lease promotion is money from GM. Similar to owner loyalty. If you qualify, you get the rebate from GM. If not then you don't. So no -- the dealer will not be able to give you the lease rebate if you don't qualify. You can, however, negotiate a discount with the dealer. But that would come out of the dealer's profit margin, not out of GM's incentive pool.

As far as cash being king -- those days ended long ago. Dealer's get paid cash whether you pay cash or take out a loan. In fact, the dealer typically gets a kickback if you borrow from one of their lenders. So in general, dealers prefer you finance a car with a lender they have a financial relationship with.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
If the incentive exists and is valid, you'll get it. Otherwise you won't. It's very cut and dry.

On every car sold, dealers do a vin check in the GM system to make sure all available incentives have been applied, and then if you have any personal offers mailed to you, etc. have another screen to pull up and verify that. They can only apply incentives that are valid and you and the car qualify for--if the lease pull ahead is something valid that GM has offered you, isn't expired, etc. and there aren't special restrictions on the car or deal applying it to, you can use it. Otherwise, it's whatever chunk of price the dealer cuts themselves, and them other current direct GM incentives applied on top of that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand what you're saying. My point was that technically I don't qualify because I don't have a lease in my household right now... but at a higher level it doesn't make sense that someone paying cash for their cars cannot get a better deal than someone who has an existing lease, because of the way this incentive works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.