Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've got the problems worked out on my 07, I'd like to do something with the exhaust. I'm not really looking for performance as it's just my daily driver, but I'd like a little more rumble than the stock setup.
Like the G6, I've noticed that these cars have 2 mufflers (one running down the center of the car, and the other at the rear). . I thought about just cutting off the rear muffler and running it straight out the back, but I'm not sure if that would be too loud or not.
What have you guys done as upgrades?

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,681 Posts
1 muffler at the rear of the car, 1 resonator in the center hump.

Don't remove the resonator as it'll cause all sorts of unwanted and obnoxious drone.

On my 2009 3.6L V6, I removed the single muffler at the rear of the car and replaced it with a pair of reversible resonators that were installed to be as quiet as possible. Loved the sound, and I believe that I also got more mileage and/or HP due to a lower restriction.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,881 Posts
You mentioned the Pontiac G6 in your opening post. Have you researched some of the G6 sedan exhaust modifications? Those owners were probably 10 times the modders that 6th gen Malibu owners were, you should be able to get some good ideas from their forum archives.

Otherwise, you can find a reputable muffler shop like DrivenDaily did and they can offer you some options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts