Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question. Trying to get a set of saab winter wheels (same pattern) and noticed that some of these models have different rotor and caliper sizes when ordering. What is the smallest wheel size I can fit over the ltz models without causing issues? 15 I feel is definitely undoable and 16 is borderline but wasn't too sure.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,375 Posts
While I haven't personally tried different sizes on my car, my 2011 V6 shows 3 wheel sizes available, 16", 17", and 18".

If you get a 16" with the proper offset, it "should" fit.

If you don't know your offset, take a look at the back of one of your stock wheels and it should be molded in there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I use steel 16''x7 (i think, for sure 16") winters for mine, with no clearance issues, (i'll get the size later, can't remember what they are off the top of my head) it is a taller tire, but clears the calipers no problems. I personally wouldn't go any smaller. 18s in the summer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Trying to find some with tps sensors that will work with the system but I will take anything at this point lol. The stock eagle ls2 lsa whatevers arent terrible in the snow but I want a little more stability

·
Registered
122 Posts
Actually i'm wrong, my winters are 17 - Antares ice 60 - 225/55/r17.... thought they were 16... but I do remember talking to the tire guy and 16s would work/fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stupid question. Trying to get a set of saab winter wheels (same pattern) and noticed that some of these models have different rotor and caliper sizes when ordering. What is the smallest wheel size I can fit over the ltz models without causing issues? 15 I feel is definitely undoable and 16 is borderline but wasn't too sure.

Thanks!
If you haven't figured it out yet go here...... https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/wheel-bolt-pattern-cross-reference/ ...... it will tell you more about tires and rims than you would ever need to know including what rims will fit you Malibu from all manufacturers...... good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts