Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Sunday I'm driving home listening to a CD, it plays 30 seconds of a song and jumps to the next song? I didn't think much of it until it does it a second time, I think there is something wrong with the CD so I change to another, same thing, turn to the radio and it starts jumping presets so I turn the radio off and back on, same thing. I then turn the radio off and push every button inculding the steering wheel buttons thinking one is stuck. Since then it's only happened once but this time it tuned from one radio station to another. Anyone else have this happen? I'm going to take it in if this continues.

BTW after the second or third time this happened I made sure to not be touching any of the wheel controls thinking my fat man paws might have hit a button.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow. Sounds like the old 'scan' feature on overdrive. Which brings up the question- does our 6 disc changer have a scan button? Yeah, I read the manual when I bought the car, but if you don't use something you forget it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't had the problem with CD's, but the radio preset stations have changed all by themselves. It was happening every couple of minutes or so. I was about to call the dealership when I decided to reset the stations first. This has fixed the problem completely. It has only been about 10 days since I reset the stations, but everything seems fine. I'll listen to my CD's a little more often to see if it happens there too.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Sounds like a couple of iffy head units--it happens. Typically, if they can replicate it, dealers will just order a new head unit. That may be hard, but report it as well as you can, and hopefully they'll go right ahead and order new unit and swap it right out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sounds like a couple of iffy head units--it happens. Typically, if they can replicate it, dealers will just order a new head unit. That may be hard, but report it as well as you can, and hopefully they'll go right ahead and order new unit and swap it right out.
Any updates?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's weird, years a go I would have killed for a 6 disk changer...
I've had my car for almost a month and never put a disk in.
I'm just digging the XM and my 80GB iPod way too much to care about disks any more.

You all got me thinking... I probably should test my disk changer out.....

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
It's weird, years a go I would have killed for a 6 disk changer...
I've had my car for almost a month and never put a disk in.
I'm just digging the XM and my 80GB iPod way too much to care about disks any more.

You all got me thinking... I probably should test my disk changer out.....
You're not alone, which is why, in a few vehicles where 6-disc changers used to be either standard or an option, they've been backwards changed to single only. Such was a 2009 revision for the Lambda crossovers, in their options packaging. Some use them...but really, the majority don't anymore.

I wanted the 6-CD just for the premium audio and I actually had it in my G6 for the short stint but, really, I only ever even put a single CD in it about 3 times--so no biggie with it nada. My mother used to load hers up all the time, however, in her Suburban and wanted it in the Malibu, but gave in to what was available and said "I only listen to one at a time anyway". Cool feature, still, if you use it.

Regardless, if anyone is having radio troubles, the dealer is your friend--and it's usually a pretty painless thing, since an issue is obvious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.