Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

8 months of ownership, and i'm fed up!

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Silver LTZ 
#1 ·
look, i really want to like this car but it's driving me insane. first of all i have that incessant squeel/high pitch frequency that only goes away when i dim the lights to a point where i can barely see the dash cluster. two, my back in creaks and moans when i go over things like speed bumps; it sounds like the car is a hundred years old! three, at low speed and low rpm (going up the hill to my house) i get a vibration that sounds like metal panels are vibrating to their resonance frequency somewhere behind the passengers side firewall. and lastly, i get alot of jerking and jarring at low shift points. its like the trans isnt catching and then finally gets ahold of the gear; usually from a slow roll or from coming out of any low speed. i took it to the dealer and they told me that all things were normal! that the last problem was indicative of all gm's torque converters and that i will always have that stutter and jerking motion. and that the vibrations were normal and the creaking/moaning from the rear is just something needing lubricated. its a 2010 black 1lt that looks pretty nice and feels nice to drive, however i expected more from my first brand new car. what should i do?????

#2 ·
contact GM directly and speak to a service manager. if your warranty has expired let them know that it is a on going issue that the dealership was unable to solve stating that it was normal. GM should take care of you and pursue that the problem is taken care of usually by having you go to diffrent dealerships under the direction of GM to get second and third opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.