Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,434 Posts
I bet the learning process is ongoing. I'd give it at least the 500 miles. The bulletin says the tech is to perform the adaptive fast learn procedure but he/she might have cut a corner and skipped it. Side note... that bulletin outlining the calibration update 18-na-081 was moved to superceded in my alldata account. Problem is they didn't or haven't provided the revision yet. I can view the bulletin on nhtsa using the link above but I can't find it by searching for some reason.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am experiencing the same issue again. It doesn't accelerate when in uphill. It kicks really hard. This time there is no check engine light. They replaced valve body and control solenoid body last year. It doesn't change gears smoothly. It's like there is a lag to it. I am sure something is breaking again.

My post from last year
My 2017 Malibu premier started to have shifting problems and the car wouldn't move after sitting at a red light then my check engine light came on and I contacted on- Star to give me the codes . The dealership decided to redownload the transmission (ecu) at the time car had a little over 13,000 but right after the download so far so good. Now have 16,500 and its been running pretty good.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My 9-Speed works perfect EXCEPT for when it shifts into 5TH gear, its shift very hard when going from 4th to 5TH… No Codes, Its been tis way for 6 months easy, but now its getting much worse and shifting very hard,,, going to have it checked out on next oil change that ill be soon..

·
Registered
139 Posts
So got my Malibu Back after 10 days.... ended up being a code P2820 Trans Solenoid #9 Stuck

Reprogramed with SPS Bulletin 18-NA-081 for updated calibrations....Runs and shifts smooth so far!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just one question? Why did it take 10 days for the dealership to do a recalibration of the transmission if that's all they did to it? Because mine through the same code and had to be recalibrated and it took my dealership 45 minutes to perform the download. Glad to hear that your Malibu is now running great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
  • I have just one question? Why did it take 10 days for the dealership to do a recalibration of the transmission if that's all they did to it? Because mine through the same code and had to be recalibrated and it took my dealership 45 minutes to perform the download. Glad to hear that your Malibu is now running great.
I hear you, with the money we spend on these cars there should be no excuse for this type of problem. As the service manager keeps telling me, well its under warranty so it will get fixed. And I keep telling him , it's only got 13,000 miles on it and shouldn't be having these problems especially for a $36,000 car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Your right, its a .7 of an hour Labor Job.... I dropped it off on a Friday afternoon, they called me the following Friday and I missed their call and an unknown service advisror left a message that it was done, I ignored it and waited to hear from my actual Service advisor to call me wich was the next afternoon on Saterday at 3pm, and I was far from the dealership that closed at 5... So I brought it back today, 10 days later and a 1000 miles on their new 2019 Tahoe they gave me with only 2000 miles on it.. Went To vegas, F it!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Count me as another 2017 Premier 9-speed owner that had the same thing happen, literally the day the warranty lapsed (3/10/20). The dealer took me in quickly, updated the TCM software for free on the 11th, GM covered it (gee, nice of them to extend the warranty one day ;) ).

It's only been a couple of weeks since it was updated and I haven't driven it that much since our area went into lock-down for the most part for well over 10 days now. No more jerkiness though for the 60-70 miles since the software update, fingers cross it doesn't come back.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts